Hoople help the homeless
Wednesday 16 November 2016 3.36pm
Hoople Recruitment is working in partnership with Kemble Housing’s Supported Housing for Young People Project (SHYPP), to provide help for the homeless this winter.
SHYPP provide housing related support to 16-25 year olds across Herefordshire through Kemble Housing. Together we are asking local businesses and individuals to donate the following items to support the homeless and make the coming months more bearable:
- Sleeping bags and bedding (must be new for health and safety reasons)
- Clothing and shoes (no underwear please)
- Coats, hats, scarves and gloves
- Toiletries: shower gel, shampoo, toothbrushes/toothpaste, deodorant, hairbrushes or combs, razors and shaving foam, sanitary towels/tampons, flannels or sponges and baby/face wipes
- Tinned food (preferably ringpull) and soft drinks (canned or bottled)
- Pocket diaries
Members of Hoople Recruitment and SHYPP will be at the Hoople Recruitment office, 57-59 Blueschool Street, Hereford, HR1 2AR, between 10.30am and 1.30pm on Wednesday 7 December to collect all donations.
Bonnie Evans, Recruitment Consultant at Hoople Recruitment and organiser of the event, says: “It’s incredibly difficult at any time of the year to be homeless but even more so in winter when the nights get colder and longer and Christmas is on the horizon. We are happy to help SHYPP and send our heartfelt thanks, in advance, to all those who are willing to support us by making their donations on the 7th.”
SHYPP representative Ellie Prescott, says: “It is amazing to have the support of Hoople Recruitment through this drop off event. Because of funding cuts, donations are vital for us to try and continue our outreach support and to help young homeless people to stay clean, dry and fed. Any donation can go a long way to helping a young homeless person.”
Direct all media enquiries to our Marketing team on 01432 firstname.lastname@example.org.