National Recruitment Campaign
National Recruitment Campaign!
The Department of Health and Social Care have launched a national recruitment campaign for social care called ‘Every day is different when you care’.
The campaign aim is simple – to encourage more people to apply to work in adult social care by:
- Raising awareness of the variety of job roles and opportunities available
- Changing what people think about working in the sector
- Increasing consideration and intention amongst individuals with the right values, and who might be looking for a new challenge.
The campaign will target:
- Prospective new employees: Research shows that 20-39 year olds who have the right values are most likely to consider a job in the sector*.
- Existing workforce: referrals and recommendations are one of the most powerful recruitment drivers, and current staff are our most powerful sector advocates.
Key messages include:
- Find out about the many rewarding and varied ways to make a difference when you work in social care – there are opportunities to suit every type of care professional
- See how working in social care helps you build on the skills you have and learn new ones
- Build a rewarding career in social care; there are many training and progression opportunities
- Social care jobs are available near you; apply today.
Adverts will run on radio, social media, websites, Google Paid Search, outdoor posters (e.g. at bus stops). This will be supported by PR activity. All activity will point to the website www.everydayisdifferent.com
This points to DWP Find a Job and the campaign’s Facebook page at: www.facebook.com/everydayisdifferent Campaign advertising will run from mid February to early April 2019. However, the messages remain relevant all year round, so please continue to use the resources and promote the campaign.
How can you get involved?
1. Advertise the campaign!
Free campaign posters, leaflets and pull up banner designs for you to use can be found here: www.everydayisdifferent.com/resources. All you need to do is print them. There is an option for you to co-brand them by adding your logo or writing in event details in the white space.
2. Support the campaign on social media!
There are three ways you can help. The first is by posting your support for the campaign, you can use:
‘We are proud to support the national campaign to drive new recruits into the adult social care sector – look out for content which shows how rewarding and varied a job in social care can be #everydayisdifferent #workincare www.everydayisdifferent.com’
The second is by posting some of the key campaign messages on your social media:
- Find out about the many and varied ways to make a difference when you work in social care at everydayisdifferent.com #everydayisdifferent #workincare
- There are lots of rewarding and varied social care jobs available right now – find out more at everydayisdifferent.com #everydayisdifferent #workincare
- Take our quiz and find out if a job in social care could be right for you – find out more at everydayisdifferent.com #everydayisdifferent #workincare
- There is more to working in adult social care than meets the eye; find out how working in social care helps you build on the skills you have and learn new ones www.everydayisdifferent.com #everydayisdifferent #workincare
- From Care Worker to Operations Director, check out the many varied ways to build a career in social care with many training opportunities available. Find out more at everydayisdifferent.com #everydayisdifferent #workincare
The third is by asking your staff to help by completing the quiz – ‘How well do you know yourself?’ and sharing it on their social media account with the hashtag #shareifyoucare. QUIZ 1: How well do you know yourself?
Many people will have the skills and values that are a great fit for working in the sector but haven’t considered it as a career path. This quick and easy quiz enables people to identify those values in themselves and see how they would be matched in adult social care. Users will be encouraged to share the tool to broaden its reach further.
The quiz is available here: http://www.everydayisdifferent.com/could-you-care-quiz.aspx
3) Send your good news stories to facebook.com/everydayisdifferent to feature as a case study on the campaign’s Facebook page
For more information, see the Campaign Partner Toolkit here: http://www.everydayisdifferent.com/include/documents/ASC-Campaign-Partner-Toolkit.pdf
Herefordshire Council is not responsible and accepts no liability for the content, performance, accuracy, security, privacy or availability of links to, or use of, external third party, supplier or partner websites or mobile apps.