Catch Up Tutors
|Salary||£9.25 - £13.21 per hour plus 12% holiday pay depending on skills and experience|
|Organisation||John Masefield High School|
|Closing date||9 am on 28 September 2021|
Required from October 2021
Following the announcement by the government of a catch up fund for students who have fallen behind during lockdown, we are seeking to appoint additional tutors to commence work at JMHS from October 2021. Tutors will work with individual students or small groups delivering programmes designed by specialist teachers to help students address gaps in knowledge and understanding caused by the lockdown. We can be flexible with hours as some tuition will take place during the school day and some between 330pm and 5pm.
We will need tutors to help with
- English and writing skills
The job description and person specification are summarised below:
Main responsibility: Deliver a programme of one to one or small group lessons to support students who have fallen behind in lock down to develop their knowledge and understanding
- Participate in training led by JM staff on effectively teaching the catch up programme and on safeguarding
- Uphold the JM staff code of conduct and report any safeguarding or other concerns using My Concern
- Teach the programme developed by JM staff and adapt it to the needs of individual students to increase their knowledge stored in long term memory, develop their understanding and address misconceptions
- Set high expectations of behaviour, work rate and effort and report to your line manager where these expectations are not met
- Give continuous and constructive feedback to students to help them develop their knowledge, understanding and confidence
- Give clear and regular feedback to the student's class teacher via the progress proforma and face to face meetings
- Qualifications to include at least English and maths to GCSE and the equivalent of at least two Advanced Level GCE qualifications
- Successful experience of teaching or tutoring
- Relevant subject knowledge in the discipline to be taught
- Can use ICT effectively to support learning and methods of working (e.g. email, Internet, adapting worksheets etc.)
- Good understanding of child development, learning processes and factors that affect how pupils learn.
- Ability to relate well to children and adults, and to build positive working relationships.
- Confidence and competence when managing the learning and behaviour of an individual, or a small group
JMHS is committed to the protection and safety of its pupils and therefore all candidates will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.
For more information contact
If you wish to apply for the position of Catch Up Tutor, please complete the support staff application form and a covering letter of no more than one side of A4 stating:
which subject or subjects you wish to be considered for
the hours for which you would be available
how your experience has prepared you for this role
how you would fulfil the job description above to a high standard
further details and the application form can be found at: https://www.jmhs.hereford.sch.uk/about-us/job-vacancies/
Applications Forms should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org We do not accept CVs.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.