|Salary||£9.50 an hour|
|Closing date||12 pm on 13 December 2021|
Our client is looking for a legal secretary in their conveyancing department on a temp-to-perm contract. The role will be working full-time with an hourly rate of £9.50. The role will be based in Ledbury in their main office.
Required qualifications, skills and experience
• excellent word-processing and audio-typing skills;
• effective communication skills with a good command of written English;
• efficiency and organisation skills with the ability to use initiative; and
• at least one years' experience as a conveyancing legal secretary.
The prime role of the legal secretary is to provide effective administrative support to the conveyancing department to enable the fee earners to operate at optimum efficiency. The ideal candidate will have previous experience in providing secretarial support in conveyancing departments. This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities given below.
The main responsibilities of the role are:
• to deal with file creation, generation of correspondence and preparation of documents and to assist the fee earner with compliance of anti-money laundering regulations;
• to administer daily filing, which will include the opening, closing, storage and retrieval of client files, deeds, wills and securities in accordance with the office procedures;
• to operate the Land Registry portal to include Land Registry applications and downloading title information and conducting bankruptcy searches;
• to prepare correspondence, documents and enclosures for despatch;
• to arrange for all copying to be done, in person if an office junior is not available to undertake the task;
• to make appointments, arrange meetings and to maintain an up-to-date diary for fee earners;
• to maintain and update the computerised database in respect of all client matters in which she or he is involved;
• to provide support and guidance to other staff as required;
• to deal wherever possible with routine client enquiries and communications both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care;
• to undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development;
• to ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and clients’ documentation and information;
• to cover reception when required; and
• to undertake any additional duties as and when required by the firm.
If you are interested in the role, please send a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01432 383890.
For more information contact
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.