Head of Finance and Development
|Salary||£33,481.50 per annum, pro rata (£20,088.90 actual)|
|Organisation||Services For Independant Living|
|Hours||22.5 hours a week|
|Closing date||12 pm on 26 July 2021|
Head of Finance and Development
Salary: £33,481.50 per annum, pro rata (£20,088.90 actual)
Hours: 22.5 hours a week
Location: Leominster, Herefordshire
An opportunity has arisen to join an established and forward-thinking charity, which is looking to expand across Herefordshire and bordering counties.
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Finance and Development who will be a core part of the Senior Management Team responsible for driving the ongoing development of the organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic and day-to-day management of the charity’s finances, including payroll, budget development and reporting, forecasting and annual returns, while supporting the continued growth of the organisation.
The position will report directly to the Chief Executive as part of the Senior Management Team, with responsibility for managing the Finance Officer and Finance Apprentice as well as leading the development of progressive plans and processes.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone with a proven track-record in a finance management role, has excellent communication and engagement skills, and who has the abilities and determination to be a driving force for the future development of this progressive and innovative charity.
You will also get to work in an environment that promotes both personal and professional development, supports wellness in the workplace and a good work life balance. Please feel free to visit our social media channels (Facebook and Twitter) and visit the COVID hub on our website to see how we are continuing to support our employees and Service Users through COVID-19.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Contributing to the strategic three year business plan and each annual review
- Working with the Chief Executive, management team and finance committee to develop realistic and affordable annual and multiyear budgets
- Developing cash flow projections as required and contributing to the risk assessment determining the level of cash reserves needed by the organisation
- Contribute to and guide decision making through financial modelling, options appraisal and advising on the financial implications of proposed developments
Production of financial and statistical information, including monthly management accounts, year-end reports, financial projections, re-forecasting and calculating reserves, cash flows, quarterly business objectives scorecards.
Lead the budgeting cycle ensuring effective engagement of service managers
Compliance with legal, statutory and best practice requirements (Charity Commission Statement of Recommended Practice; Companies Act; Finance Act 2010)
Responsible for ensuring the accuracy and completeness of bank reconciliation, payments & receipts, journals, petty cash reconciliation functions.
Responsible for ensuring that monthly salaries are accurately processed and authorising BACS salary payments
- Minimum AAT Level 4 plus two years’ experience within a similar role
- Excellent working knowledge of Excel and Sage
- Experience of leading multi-functional teams and developing people
- Experience of coaching, supporting and supervising a team of staff
- Strong analytical and numerical skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritise and coordinate multiple work requirements to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates a genuine interest in and empathy with SIL’s core values and objectives
What we can offer you:
Regular supervision and support
On-call rota shared with other Senior Managers
Ongoing training and development
Supportive and flexible work environment
Social events program
25 days annual leave
Company sick pay
Free parking onsite
Days of work negotiable but must include Monday or Friday
Reporting to: Chief Executive
Location: SIL Offices 1 Owen Way Leominster Enterprise Park Leominster HR6 0LA
Closing Date: Monday 26th July at 12:00 noon
Interview Dates: TBC
**Please note face to face interviews are subject to COVID19 Health & Safety guidance and safety measures will be in place**
For more information about our service visit our website at www.s4il.co.uk.
For more information or an application pack please email HR on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone on 01568 616653. Informal enquiries welcome.
All disabled people who meet the essential requirements are guaranteed an interview. An enhanced DBS is required. Disclosure costs will be met by the employer.
SIL is a member of the Armed Forces Covenant and will interview all veterans and family members of service personnel who meet the essential requirements.
For more information contact
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.