Lead Practitioner for Maths
|Salary||L5 - L9|
|Organisation||Earl Mortimer College and Sixth Form Centre|
|Location||South Street, Leominster, Herefordshire HR6 8JJ|
|Closing date||11.59 pm on 1 April 2022|
|Interview date(s)||week commencing 4th April 2022|
Start date: 1st September 2022
Main purpose of the post
To support the work of the Head of Department in raising the standards of teaching, learning and achievement in the department, with responsibility for curricular content.
Under the reasonable direction of the Principal, carry out the professional duties of a school teacher as defined in the school teachers pay and conditions of service and national professional standards
In addition to carrying out the professional duties of a school teacher, including those duties particularly assigned by the Principal, the post holder shall:
- Have high expectations, lead by example and ensure high levels of professionalism at all times
- Be proactive in ensuring a commitment to your own continuing professional development and that of other professionals so that professional skills are kept up to date and developed
- Keep under review the school’s improvement plan taking due note of SEF evaluation
- Be a proactive team member bringing creative and forward thinking ideas
- Demonstrate impact and presence in all areas of your responsibility
- Demonstrate resilience and optimism and have a good sense of humour
- Assist in the implementation of aims and objectives of the school
- Attend staff meetings and Governors’ meetings as directed by the Principal
- Provide written reports as to your role demonstrating impact as directed by the Principal
- Attend key events such as the GCSE examinations results days in August
- Monitor and support the overall progress and development of students as a form tutor
Earl Mortimer College and Sixth Form Centre is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All employees are required to have an Enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications from under represented groups including ethnicity, gender, transgender, age, disability, sexual orientation or religion.
For more information contact
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for an application form and a job description/person spec.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.