Teaching Assistant SEN Level 1 / 2
|Salary||£9.81 - £11.27 per hour, dependent on level appointed at|
|Organisation||Ivington Primary School|
|Location||Ivington, Leominster, Herefordshire HR6 0JH|
|Hours||15 hours per week Monday to Friday , term-time only (38 Weeks per year) (to be discussed at interview)|
|Term/duration||Fixed Term to support a named child, until 20th July 2022 (to be discussed at interview)|
|Closing date||12 pm on 17 February 2022|
|Interview date(s)||Afternoon of Friday 18th February 2022|
The governors and leadership team are seeking to appoint a highly enthusiastic and experienced Teaching Assistant to support a child with special educational needs.
- To work under the direction and usually in the presence of the class teacher, and in accordance with the teaching objectives for the pupil specified in the pupil’s IEP.
- To assist at the appropriate level and be involved in all areas of the curriculum including preparation and modification of materials.
- To ensure the pupil is safely able to use equipment and materials provided and be aware of the range of resources available.
- To promote pupil independence in learning, reinforcing the child’s self-esteem through praise and encouragement.
- To assist with the promotion of independence activities and mobility skills.
- To assist with the personal hygiene routine and with the administration of medication under the direction of the Headteacher where written medical guidance has been given.
- Training in manual handling would be an advantage. Certificate in Learning Support (or an equivalent qualification) would be an advantage.
- Willingness to undertake further training, as appropriate.
All vacancies that involve working with vulnerable adults and/or children will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check at Enhanced Level.
For more information contact
For application packs please contact the Headteacher, Mrs. M. Smith, at the school on firstname.lastname@example.org
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.