Student and Family Support Worker
|Salary||05HC SCP11 (£19,066.47 per annum)|
|Organisation||Marlbrook Primary Teaching School Alliance|
|Hours||37 hours per week, term time + 2 weeks (40 weeks per year)|
|Closing date||4 pm on 22 September 2021|
|Interview date(s)||Wednesday 29th September 2021|
We are looking for a dedicated, caring professional to join our Student Support team to help make every day the best it can be for our pupils.
The Student and Family team work alongside families, children and staff to make sure pupils have the best possible experience in school that they can. We endeavour to promote a culture of listening and respect, and work hard to give children creative ways to express ideas, opinions and feelings.
The job is varied, with two days rarely being the same, but key aspects of the role are :
- To help pupils develop their potential through class work, group work and 1:1 support.
- Supporting pupil’s confidence, self-esteem, resilience, positive behaviour and emotional well-being;
- Working with the DSL and SENCo to address the needs of our pupils who require additional support to overcome barriers to learning;
- Providing a listening ear to our families, liaising closely with other professionals/agencies and taking a lead role in the EHA (Early Help Assessment) process and safeguarding of our children;
- Attending child protection meetings;
- Taking part in every aspect of school life from breakfast to after school club activities.
Previous experience of working with or relating well to young people is desirable and you will also have a commitment to children’s welfare, education and personal development. It is essential for applicants to hold a clean driving license.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age. This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Background checks, satisfactory references and clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service at Enhanced Level will be required.
For more information contact
Please contact Sue Jenkins for an application pack, E: firstname.lastname@example.org T: 01432 266643.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.