Clerk to Governors
|Salary||£1,485.00 - £1,545.00 per annum (04HC)|
|Organisation||Pembridge CE Primary School|
|Location||Pembridge CE Primary School|
|Hours||130 hours per annum|
|Closing date||9 am on 20 May 2022|
The governors of Pembridge CE Primary School are looking to appoint an experienced and self-motivated clerk to join an inclusive ‘outstanding’ school, at the heart of a vibrant rural community, and committed to ensuring excellence for all children and staff. The clerk, accountable to the governing body, works effectively with the chair of governors, head teacher and other governors.
The clerk to the governors will ensure the smooth running of the governing board by:
• preparing agendas and meeting papers
• taking and distributing minutes
• providing administrative support
• keeping statutory records up-to-date
• maintaining records on policies and date of reviews
• and providing procedural and legislative advice to the board.
The ideal candidate will be:
• highly organised and able to work to tight deadlines
• an excellent communicator and proficient in IT
• knowledgeable in governance procedures and educational legislation
• able to remain impartial and maintain confidentiality
• and be friendly and supportive of the school’s Christian ethos.
This is a part-time role covering four governing body meetings and nine sub-committees per year with evening meetings lasting no more than two hours. The salary is based on a total of 130 hours connected to meeting preparation, attendance and follow-up, training and other activities as per the Diocese of Hereford and Local Authority. Travel costs are refunded too.
We can offer you:
• the chance to develop professionally with a supportive and hard-working team of governors
• advice and support through local and national governance associations
• a forward-thinking school, dedicated to ensuring everyone reflects ‘all that is worthy of praise’.
Pembridge CE Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. We practise safer recruitment and will carry out enhanced DBS checks. An application form will need to be filled in (CVs will not be accepted).
For more information contact
For further details, please contact the chair of governors, Sharron Goode, via email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, please contact the head teacher, Robert Hollis on 01544 388366.
Application packs are available by contacting the school administrator Melissa Targett or by downloading from the website. Please return applications by email to email@example.com or by post to Pembridge CE Primary School, Bearwood lane, Pembridge, Leominster, HR6 9EA.
Hoople Ltd is working on behalf of our Client as a Recruitment Agency.